Can you catch a GLUTEN-FREE gingerbread man? You can now with this perfect-for-the-holidays rollout recipe! It's ideal for making your favorite little people or other festive shapes.
- 2 1/4 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi Purpose Flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together the first 8 ingredients (through the cloves) in a medium bowl. Set them aside.
- In the the bowl of your stand mixer or with an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla, and stir on medium-low speed until well blended. Don't mix on high speed at this point; you want to avoid adding air to the dough.
- Add the dry ingredients, and blend on low speed until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half, and place each half on a piece of plastic wrap. Pat the dough into flat disks, wrap completely, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, or overnight (see "tips," below).
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Remove the the dough from the refrigerator and roll disks out about 1/4" thick.
- Cut the dough with your choice of cutters,and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill the baking sheets of cut dough for about 15 minutes before baking for 8 to 12 minutes. The cookie will be firmer on the edges, but still soft in the center when done.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating with royal icing and candies or dried fruit.
- Yield: 24 to 30 cookies.
- ENJOY YOUR COOKIE - I suggest dipping all cookies in milk
Who else is looking forward to some YUMMY GLUTEN FREE GINGER BREAD MEN?!
Thank you King Arthur for sharing such a wonderful recipe !
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.